Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Blessings, blessings, blessings!!

Our temple president, President Walker, surprised us just recently in our prayer meeting, which is held before we begin our day at the temple, by singing, "He That Hath Clean Hands", to us in his big, bass voice. The song really brought back some tender memories of Dad's big, bass voice, and I really couldn't hold back the tears! Hopefully, no one noticed! I can remember singing this same song as a duet, with a boy from my Stake, at a Stake YM/YW Standards Night! Music has always touched my heart in a way that nothing else can. It is impossible to describe those special, sacred feelings it brings! By the way ---- I get to teach piano after our church meetings on Sundays! Last Sunday I gave my first music lesson to our Relief Society chorister, Lila, an energetic young woman from the Philippines! She wanted to pass over the part where she was supposed to learn about counting music, but I told her we couldn't do that. We had to go through each page of the music book! When she found out that it wasn't as hard as it looked, she began to get really excited and clapped her hands and shouted for joy when she found that she could do it! She is going to be a fun person to teach!!

The other day I helped two sister missionaries do some special temple work. It was a great experience, because they had sacrificed their P-day to come do this work for others who had passed on before, and the Spirit was very strong! One sister was a beautiful Tongan girl and the other was a beautiful Chinese girl! Both were very sweet and we just seemed to bond almost instantly! This happens to me a lot in the Temple!!

Monday we were blessed to pick a park close by our apartment, to exercise in, and just as we were finishing, we met Linda, a sweet, Chinese lady who works for the Forest Service! She told us of several hiking places we could go that were in the mountains near by! She said she was hoping we would be able to meet her again in this park! We will do this as much as we can, which is only on Mondays, but maybe we can get to know her better and introduce her to the blessings of the gospel. I know Father will help us in this if she is ready.

We have been looking for a small, digital camera that we can put in Elias's pocket or my purse and carry with us everywhere we go! We have been missing some really good pictures! We looked and looked Monday until we were so tired. On the way home, we decided to look in just one more shop, (just before that, I had asked Father to help us find one), and you guessed it -- we DID!! It is exactly what Elias wanted!! Watch out, now! We're going to be posting a few pictures!!

I have been having a love affair with the book of Isaiah! I decided to read it again in my personal scripture time! Wow! I feel that Isaiah really knew the Savior! He had the ability to put into words, how the Savior felt about His Atoning Sacrifice, and also how He feels about His children, both anciently and now! How Christ loves us! How He wants us to keep the commandments, so that we can inherit eternal blessings and life with Him and Father! Isaiah felt His love and was able to express it so beautifully and symbolically! There are times when I just weep for joy when I read His words about the Savior, His love for us, and what He has done for us!!

There is a little doggie, who is becoming my friend. He lives in a noodle shop across from the Temple! He is brown and funny looking and has arthritis and can barely walk! But is starting to come over to the Temple and wait for me to come out at the end of the day! He is usually asleep when I see him, so I have to wake him up and give him a minute to recognize me before I pet him. He is starting to nuzzle his face on my legs! He has won my heart. It is nice to have a pet that someone else takes care of!! We'll take a picture of him and then maybe you can help me find a name for him!!

I'm so grateful for a wonderful family, who is close because they sacrifice for each other! Even taking time out of their busy lives to be with Carrie and Rob for Abby's blessing! I was so impressed with Kristy's straight "A's"; Jozet's desire to know the Lord's will in her life; Jen's helping Mandy with finances; Mandy's effort to always include my much, loved sister in whatever is going on in Idaho; Carrie's inviting everyone to Abby's blessing and feeding them all; Doug's help in Shannon's classroom with the children; and Celeste's newfound talent with the airbrush! This last cake was elegant!! Then there is the extra special men in their lives -- and one special gal! How we love all of you!! Well, I'd better sign off for now and let Dad write. As always -- "The church is true and we love you!" Mom

No comments: