Thursday, March 6, 2008

It takes WORK!



Dear blog, I am finding out that the Lord's blessings come to us as we put forth a huge amount of work and sacrifice! I have wanted to learn some of the Temple ordinances in Chinese so I could be of more help to these sweet people who come to the Temple. It is a most formidable task, and there have been times of total discouragement in learning them, (and I'm sure there will be times in the future), where I will doubt that I can accomplish it. Nevertheless, I am learning that the Lord helps those who help themselves, and do all in their power to accomplish the thing that they would like to accomplish. Only after we put forth this tremendous effort, does He step in and make it possible for us! Anyway, to make a long story short -- with His help, and ONLY with His help, I am amazed at what I can do! I not only have "caught up" to speed, the ordinances I didn't do for three years in English, but have been able to memorize one ordinance in Chinese and part of another! Really, I never thought I could do it!!

On another vein, we have a sweet, young, unmarried sister named Lena, very beautiful, smart, has served a mission in California, and is working for the Church as a translator - a "cream of the crop" girl, who we have become very close to. She was feeling discouraged Monday, and so after we finished working together in the Temple, Dad and I took her to dinner. She seems to wonder where all the young men are who have integrity and stick to their standards? After a lovely dinner of beef noodle soup and pot stickers, and assuring her there WERE such young men, we parted and she attended her Young Single Adult activity! Some day, some lucky, young man will find himself a most beautiful, spiritual, eternal companion in the being of her!! This picture surely does not do her justice, but it is the only one we have so far!

No comments: